Monday, July 30, 2007

Connectedness

As I read in in Siemens "Knowing Knowledge" this sentence just hit me.
"Connection is a pipeline to the continued flow of new knowledge." The ability to gain knowledge and collaborate through the internet is so amazing to me. I feel like I am just waking up in a world I didn't even know existed. Prior to reading this I knew the internet was a powerful tool and use it all the time. But I realize now that I had no idea how much I could use the internet and contribute to ideas and share in discussions that are of interest to me.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love to use the Internet to learn. It's difficult to weed through all the junk to get to the quality parts that interest me. It's very time consuming to even read all the blogs and other websites when you find the good ones and I wonder what I am missing. I guess it's like using a reference but I enjoy browsing.

Dave said...

Pam, I too feel like I am waking up in a new world. I heard of some of these tools we are now using in class, but I didn't know how to use them or how they could be used in the classroom. I guess we are now in that new, web2.0, world.
Dave