Saturday, July 28, 2007

Podcast

This has got to be the best thing since slice cheese. Now that I know that it is out there I feel I need to get an MP3 Player to download different podcasts to listen to in the car. On the education site some of the podcasts are over an hour long. I usually don't have that much time to sit at my computer and listen to a broadcast. I think it is great that anyone can do it. I tried three times before getting my first little mini podcast out there. It is really strange to listen to yourself and know what you want to say. All night I thought about it but when I started it sounded foolish to sit here and talk to the computer. I think the more you do it the more comfortable you will get with it. I was glad to read in Richardson's book that NPR does a podcast. I always seem to miss the programs that I want to hear. I look forward to using it in my classroom. I am sure the children won't be as shy as I am. I would like them to so some interviews and even record some weather on the podcast. Too Cool!

2 comments:

mrichme said...

Pam,

You're going to want to check out Storynory.com as a resource. They take childrens' stories and put them into podcasts. Your students will enjoy this integration of technology.

Susan said...

Pam,

I had the same thought about not sounding smooth or making mistakes and embarrassing myself. I think you're right about practice. I also think with this and all our teaching we need to be genuine ourselves and maybe risk a little exposure to sounding foolish. If we use good judgment and act with sincerity, what's the worst thing that can happen?