Friday, July 27, 2007

Connectivism

How cool is this. The possibilities are endless! I am certainly not familiar with all the technology that is out there but this seems to me to be the most useful application that I can use in the classroom. To have a discussion on any topic and get multiple perspectives at the same time is amazing. Topics like Pluto is so difficult to talk about in the classroom. The text books are not current with science today. As a teacher I tell my students that it was a planet but now its not. With the way knowledge is changing so rapidly textbooks will become a thing of the past. The only way to keep up is to keep connected with the world. Yesterday when we connected on Elluminate it was so cool. I was really in the dark ages before. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at times with all the new information I am learning but excited at the same time.

No comments: